Thursday 29 January 2015

Hotel Chocolat "Roast + Conch", Leeds

We called in for a coffee on Sunday morning. The coffee was the nicest we had had for a while, so when we wanted to eat out somewhere this evening, we thought we'd try their restaurant. We just had a main course each, and a coffee. Mary had a pork dish of Faggots, Belly Pork and Bacon with white chocolate mash:



I had slow braised lamb shoulder with garlic mash and carrots:



These were both rustic dishes but there was a real depth of flavour in everything. It is possible that was due to the chocolate that was in the sauce, and the mash, and coated the lamb, I could not identify it as such. I enjoyed the lamb enormously, and I ate half of the pork dish; I enjoyed that just as much.

Just those two dishes, two coffees and a diet coke cost £47.30, so we both thought it was rather expensive. However I have not enjoyed a bowl, or plate, of food as much for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment