Sunday 28 April 2013

The Old Deanery, Ripon. Yet Again.


We went to the Old Deanery in Ripon for lunch today to mark our 15th Wedding Anniversary. It's been one of our favourites for several years and, yet again, we weren't disappointed. We were seated at what we think is the best table, by the window overlooking the Cathedral. The light was excellent today, so the photographs, taken with a Nokia Lumia 620 phone camera, should be quite good.

Mary started with Cullen Skink, which was the perfect creamy mix of smoked haddock and chunky potatoes. I had a Wild Mushroom, Truffle and Parmesan Risotto. It's the first time I have ordered risotto in a restaurant for many years, but now I wonder why I waited so long. Full-flavoured and nicely presented in a little saucepan, i enjoyed it very much. 



For main Mary had Roasted Belly Pork.  A large cube of meat with a roof of nearly crisp crackling was beautifully moist. I had Roast Beef. I had been told it would be medium pink, but I must have got the outside pieces (which suited me better). It was superb.








No puddings this time; we were full. It was as good as ever. We will return.

No comments:

Post a Comment